Tuesday, May 1, 2018

SATP #36: What is the age of Adaline in the shallows?

My rambling "on the road" comments about movies I've seen on Netflix.  This time I discuss a couple Blake Lively movies:  THE SHALLOWS and AGE OF ADALINE.



To download, right-click here and then click Save

To donate to the Journey Into... Podcast, choose a donation option on the right sidebar of this blog page.

Related Links:
Anthony Ingruber's Harrison Ford Impression

To comment on this or any episode:
  • Journey on over to the Forums
  • Leave us a voicemail at 77-JINTO-107 (775-4686-107)
  • Send comments and/or recordings to journeyintopodcat@gmail.com
  • Tweet us on Twitter
  • Post a comment on Facebook here
  • Comment directly to this post down below


1 comment:

  1. I first saw Blake Lively in a Ben Affleck movie called THE TOWN, which I saw with my uncle. Now, maybe I saw her before that, but this is my first memory, because *every* time she showed up on screen, my uncle would ooh and ahh and buck in his seat, and lean over and say, "Who is that goddess? She's perfect!" Eventually, I'd shush him or tell him to die when he'd lean over, but it made a bigger impression on me than the movie did, frankly.

    After that, my uncle would randomly ask me, "What was the name of that glorious girl in that Ben Affleck movie we wen--" "Blake Lively," I'd say, grudgingly. And I don't know if it was my uncle's reaction, or if I genuinely did not like her, but ever since then, I haven't been able to tolerate Blake Lively in anything. I went to the GREEN LANTERN panel at Comic-Con, and chose to stare at Ryan Reynolds the whole time rather than her, and as much as I'd like to see AGE OF SHALLOWS or THE ADELINE, I don't know that I would enjoy them, based on who stars in them.

    I might just end up rooting for the shark in both.

    ReplyDelete