Assigning the four words to the early bird entrants to the contest and laying out the guidelines.
To download, right-click here
and then click Save
2023 “QUORDLE QUELL” WRITING CONTEST SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
- You will be assigned the four words on which to base your story by email, and for those who have already entered, by listening to this episode of the podcast.
- You must submit your new original story by 12:00:00 AM Mountain Time on May 1, 2023
- Winners will be announced on the show and by email by June 1, 2023
- Winning stories will be produced for audio publication on the podcast in 2023.
WORD COUNT: The story shall be between 7500 words or less in length
STORY REQUIREMENTS AND PREFERENCES:
- The story must contain your four assigned words in a significant way.
- Please write an original story based on inspiration from the assigned words. Please don't stuff these words into a story you have already written. There is no way for me to enforce this, but the spirit of this contest is to provide a prompt for a new story.
- Preference for speculative fiction, including science fiction, fantasy, horror, and various combinations and sub-genre.
- Remember the winning stories will be produced for the podcast, so we will be looking for stories that "work well in audio".
CONTEST RESTRICTIONS: Please no splatter horror, grimdark, or explicit sexual content. Also please avoid coarse profanity (including Schlonz).
WHO WILL DECIDE THE WINNERS: A panel of volunteer judges.
PRIZES: 1st Prize: $20, 2nd Prize: $15, 3rd Prize: $5. All winning stories will be produced as a full cast audio production for the podcast.
WHERE TO SEND SUBMISSIONS: Email submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org
SUBMISSION FORMAT: The subject line must contain the prefix of "2023 CONTEST:" followed by the title of your story. The body of the email should be the text of your story.
To comment on this or any episode:
- Leave us a voicemail at 77-JINTO-107 (775-4686-107)
- Send comments and/or recordings to email@example.com
- Tweet us us Twitter
- Post a comment on Facebook here